Followers

Monday, February 25, 2013

AWESOME

Psalm 47:2
How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth.

OK , is that a question or a statement , or a bit of both.
Because the word "how" is there, I believe it is a question, but there is not a  question mark in my bible-so maybe it just really is a statement.

But what a statement it is!! How AWESOME is the LORD Most High.
Incredibly awesome!! Beyond words, awesome. I can't even really adequately describe the awesomeness of God but immediately upon reading that I wrote down words that for me described His awesomeness.


                                     Amazing
                                     Loving
                                     Forgiving
                                     Giving
                                     Patient
                                     Kind 
                                     Good
                                     Merciful
                                     Gracious
                                     Caring
                                     Faithful
                                     Peace Giving
                                     Gentle


Those are the words that came to me in the first minute.
I know there are countless more.
It was just a tremendous reminder for me-again-of what a Wonderful God we have. How often do I dwell on the Majesty of my God? Reflect on just WHO HE IS? I realized today; not often enough.

Most likely I go to Our LORD with prayers and petitions. Other times I ask for His Wisdom and guidance. Occasionally I go just to cry and sit in the lap of THE ONE who knows me and understands me, to find comfort in His love.

Today though, I am reminded and convicted that I need to go to my LORD and just tell Him how awesome He is. To remind myself of how blessed I am to know the King of the Universe and the Lover of my soul.

I challenge myself and I challenge you to dwell on the Awesome God we know.

  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment