Followers

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Little Things...that bring me joy

Its been close to a month since I last wrote anything.
Many times i feel like I have nothing to say of relevance or importance. Today may be one of those days. But as I sit by our woodburning stove, seeing the fog outside that is thick and the fresh new snow on the ground, I am grateful for a home with heat.
Which makes me think of those who are homeless and pray that God will provide warmth for them and a place to sleep.

I love the first snow of the year. It is white, pristine and clean. I know it won't last. I know more will come. And wonder what our winter might look like.
My two cute labs lie right beside me and I'm thankful for them; they bring me alot of joy.

I've enjoyed football more this fall than in many years that I care to remember.
The Niners are GOOD again and that's been awhile.
The Stanford CARDINAL have always had my heart-since I was a little girl. And their QB will probably win the Heisman.
I've also enjoyed watching the Oregon Ducks. My son Todd went to the U of O for a brief period and he is an avid fan. So looking forward to next weekend when we get to see the Stanford/Oregon game in Palo Alto.

My three small groups of girls that I do bible study with bring me Great Joy each week. To watch them want to grow in their relationship with Jesus brings me unspeakable heartfelt praise to God for allowing me this incredible privilege.

Last week I was able to take care of my favorite two little boys while their mommy worked hard. Anytime I get to spend with Kellen and Jax is pure joy for this Grammy, even when they are not feeling so well.

And this past week , i have had the joy of studying God's Word in a Beth Moore bible study on Daniel. I am starting my third week and already I have the strongest desire to be a woman of total integrity, one who is not intimidated by the culture I live in. Already God's Spirit has convicted me in some areas and I am thankful for how much HE loves me in spite of how I act. God loves me so much He won't let me stay the way I am, but keeps molding me to look more like Jesus.

I know the Holiday season is upon us. I just want to be grateful for all I have been blessed with. And I want to use what God has given me to help others. And I want to keep being thankful for the little things. (thank you to Katie Bruce for teaching me about this!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment