Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS

We make countless decisions everyday.
We make many of them without really even thinking. For instance, we get out of bed every morning-we could decide to stay in bed.
And then some of our decisions we think about maybe just a little. Like what will I have for breakfast, or will I have breakfast?
Then there are other decisions that weigh a little more on us. Like which college should I go to?? what career path should I take?? Should I move? Should I stay?
But what about those MAJOR decisions...those life changing ones? Like getting married.
Is this THE ONE? That one decision can change your life for a very long time. Well unless you are Kim Kardashian, and then it will change your life for 72 days.

I bet that Joe Paterno is really thinking over his decision right now to just report what he heard about his coach that was abusing young boys. That one decision has now affected so so many people. And JoePa's career, a brilliant coach who has the most wins of any college coach, has now been ended and marred by that decision.

And Bernie Madoff. He made decisions over and over again to lie, cheat and steal people's money. Why? Because he was greedy. He will now die in prison. His son ended his life because of the guilt and humiliation. I'm pretty sure he would take back all those decisions if he knew the final outcome.

What about the egomanical leaders who kill people to get their way? Who devise schemes to utterly ruin people's lives? Recently, we have watched Sadam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and Muammar Gadaffi lives end -all because they were individually responsible for killing thousands upon thousands.

What about the young man who has gotten his girlfriend pregnant? And now she wants an abortion and he wants the baby?? Would he have had such casual sex if he knew the heartache he was now experiencing?

And what if you are cheating just a little? On a test? Or a paper?? Thinking that no one would notice or care. What if that started a habit of taking things that didn't belong to you? I can't believe that Bernie Madoff started his cheating and stealing just recently.

We often think our decisons don't really affect others.
But they do. Sometimes people get deeply hurt by our decisons.

The decision that has affected my life the most is one I made 40 years ago. The decision to believe that God loved me so much, that He wanted a relationship with me so desperately, that He sent His One and only precious Son to take on my sins. So that we could have communion with one another.
That decision that I made on November 19, 1971 is the BEST decision I ever made.
That decision has had the most impact on my life.
That decision has slowly, thru 40 years changed me to realize that life isn't about me, but its all about GOD. The ONE who made me, who created me for His Glory.

What about you? What kind of decisons are you making? Do you realize they could last a lifetime?? and then some??
My prayer for myself, and for you, is that our decisions would be made so that they would reflect God, reflect the person that He envisions me (us) to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment