Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Walking in God's Ways.

Today I started in 2 Chronicles and began to wonder how fast I would read thru this book. Well chapter 6 was all I needed to realize that God has/had something to say to me today.
2 Chronicles 6:14
"O Lord, God of Israel, there is no GOD like you in heaven or earth-you who keep your covenant of love with your servants of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way."
and part of verse 30 in the same chapter says:
"so that they will fear You and walk in your ways all the time they live..."

What does it mean to walk wholeheartedly in God's ways, and walk in His ways all the time we live?

For me, it probably means to:
Spend time with God everyday and talk to Him thruout my day.
To obey what His word says to me because it is always true.
It means loving my family in the best way possible, always looking for the best way to minister and encourage them.
It means Loving and caring and encouraging my friends thru good times and bad.
It means not to be judgemental. OUCH that's a hard one for me.
It means to always be truthful, and to be loving when it might hurt someone.
It means not watching TV shows that have no worth to me (and movies as well).
It means being committed to who HE has called me to be committed to.
It means trusting God even when life hurts so deeply-like when people I love die too early or are so sick with cancer or other diseases.
It might me being with people when I am so tired and weary.
It means trusting God when I don't know the outcome.
It means Waiting on Him -NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES .
It means taking care of myself and my body. Woops another one I really need to work on.
It means maybe only having one glass of wine (Yes, I love wine).
It means realizing that I might be the only person that another person might see who knows Jesus-and am I truly reflecting Him?
It means trying my very hardest to be who He envisions and wants me to be.

That's my list (for now).
What does yours look like?
I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment