Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT?

"One day as Jesus was preaching....great crowds pressed in on Him to hear the Word of God" Luke 5:1

I wonder if I was alive back then, would I have followed the crowds to listen to Jesus? To see Jesus? To be in His Presence?
I have to think that I would have. If I had heard about Him, I would have wanted to see Him.

But alas, I was born 1900+ years after Christ. So I can't actually "SEE" Him, but I know He is here and with me. I've been calmed by His touch. I have been awed by His Power. I've been comforted by His Presence. I've been given His Hope when mine was all but gone. He has been with me in my loneliness. He has forgiven me countless times of my sin. His Grace has sustained me. And His Love has overwhelmed me.

Would I press in on Him to hear the Word of God?
ABSOLUTELY.
Because JESUS is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.
HE WILL ALWAYS SPEAK TRUTH INTO MY LIFE.

A little later in Luke 5 we read:"But JESUS often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer"
Jesus needed to be alone. He needed to be with His Father and share His heart and His concerns.
He needed direction for His day.
As I have written before, if JESUS who is GOD needed to do this, shouldn't I do the same?
Shouldn't I make time to be alone with God each day?
Do I think I am too busy to give God my time? Do I manage my time well? Or do I spend too much time on Facebook, or Instagram or Snapchat or Pinterest, or ESPN? Or perhaps I spend too much time watching mindless TV. How can I say I don't have the time for God?
How can I let my friends say that??
What on earth could possibly be MORE IMPORTANT?
Nothing in my life is more important. I may think there is, but I am only kidding myself.
This is as much for me as it is for anyone who might read this.
What Jesus says is important. What He wants us to do is needed.
But we must spend time with Him in order to make sense of our crazy busy lives. To get His Perpsective.
So I not only challenge you to dig into His Word, to spend time talking to Him about your life, I ask you to consider: what could possibly be more important?

No comments:

Post a Comment