Followers

Friday, January 25, 2013

Ahhh ....Scud

My last post was about blessings. I have been trying to be thankful and remember how much the LORD has blessed my life . While driving home last night from Chico, I was grateful how God worked His purpose for me that day.

I had lunch with one of "my girls". I thought it might be hard because there were some difficult things that needed to be communicated, but God was right there and it turned out how He planned it and I am grateful for how He leads us and how, when we are trying to be wholly His, that we respond in love.

Later in the afternoon, got to spend time (never enough) with my friend Gail. She inspires me and I love how she ministers to people at any given moment. She is truly a blessing in my life.

In the evening, I got to spend time in a small group discussing temptations and how we can run from them everytime. These 5 gals make my day everytime I am with them. Their honesty, vulnerability with each other and their desire to really be who God envisions them to be totally energizes me to what God has called me to do. Oh how they have blessed my life so much more than I could ever have imagined.

So while reflecting on my day and the blessings God has given me, I thought of the BEST blessing in my life outside of my relationship to JESUS.







SCUD.
He is the best blessing God has bestowed on me.
For almost 37 years now, this man has loved me, encouraged me, challenged me, shown me where I am wrong-always in a loving way, held me when I didn't think I could breathe again, shared my tears and has made me laugh every single day of our married life.

Scud is the opposite of me in so many ways:
He never judges people.
He always thinks before saying anything.
He always listens to 2 sides of a story before making any kind of decision.
He is not reactionary.
He has had the MOST INCREDIBLE servant's heart from the day I met him.
He never wants recognition; just wants to do what Jesus has called him to do.
He is completely humble.

Oh I realize how great he is. I also realize that I just informed you of how not great I am, but most of you who read this already know that.

Scud has been the most wonderful husband for me.
He has been an amazing, wise and loving Dad to our four kids.
I am so grateful that God graciously brought into my life a man who desires to be who God envisions him to be and how he encourages me daily to be the woman God wants me to be.

Completely certain that this is the BEST MAN for me and that God brought Scud into my life so that i could know more of JESUS .
I am forever grateful LORD GOD.
THANK YOU.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful, missy! But let me encourage you: you're pretty great yourself:)

    ReplyDelete