Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

AGAIN...BE STILL

It has been awhile since I last wrote anything, one month ago I wrote on "Be still and know that I am God"
Psalm 46:10 has long been one of my favorite verses. Mainly because so many things happen in life that I don't understand. My human finite mind cannot comprehend why God allows certain events to take place.
I realize that today, it has been one month exactly that GOD took Troy Gray home to be with HIM. Only a month?? IT seems longer. And Katie May? this weekend will mark 6 months since she entered eternity with her Savior and LORD.
And my friend Amy and her family has now been without Wade for 5 1/2 months. And there are others that have entered heaven seemingly all too soon for us left behind.
And now, just recently, our friend and co-worker at Woodleaf , in an accident that is too hard to fathom or comprehend, went to heaven, to spend eternity with the GOD he served so well.
Guy Gresham too, was one taken too soon for us.
My mind can't wrap itself around all these heart wrenching deaths.
And then I remember GOD.
He alone is GOD. He knows things I never will.
He has plans I might never comprehend.
BUT one thing I do know is that HE IS GOD.
And I need to trust Him.
I need to be still. I need to cease striving to understand.
I need to believe that He can always work something good out of a tragedy.
I do believe this with all that is within me.
After forty years now of walking with Jesus Christ, I am more certain than ever, that HE always has a plan. That He is always good. That He never has stopped loving us. That even in the midst of tragedy and heartache, He has never abandoned us.
Ironically, today is the 2 year anniversary of the "natural disaster" that rocked Haiti, the poorest nation on earth.
Was God not there? Did He not care?
Oh YES, He was there and He still is.
He has used this and is using this still in countless ways.
Do I understand why this happened? Absolutely not. Did God make this happen? I certainly don't think so.
Again, its one of those things that I will never understand. So much destruction, so many lost lives, such utter devestation.
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
YES, HE IS STILL IN CONTROL. Even if it doesn't look like it.
And yet another tragedy has hit our YL family.
As Anthony lays in a coma, on life support, with not alot of brain activity, I choose again to trust GOD.
Because, where would i be if I didn't? what hell would i be going thru if I didn't believe He was present in every situation.
I seriously do not understand all this. I can't possibly.
What i do know, is that this was NEVER part of God's plan.
When sin entered the world, so did death.
Death was never a part of God's plan. Which is also totally incomprehensible to this small mind.
I just finished Beth Moore's bible study on Daniel on New Years Day.
Do you know what Revelations 21:4 says?

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of hings has passed away."

Satan and his demons are thrown into the lake of fire, and THEN Christ defests death.
The last enemy of God to be defeated is death.
HE never intended that, and in the end, HE gets the FINAL say, and death is no more.

So altho, I don't understand so much of what has happened in the past 6 months, I choose to believe that God has never been out of control. Crazy that my last post from 2011 and my first post in 2012 are on the same thing:

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment