Followers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Today is my birthday!! Its also my dear sweet husband Scud's birthday too.
So today I am reflecting on my life. Its almost totally unbelievable to me that next year on this date, I will be 60. HOW CAN THAT BE?? Isn't 60 old?? I don't feel old, altho my body sometimes is so much slower to react than it used to be.
And then i have these little brown spots on my hands, face (that i try to cover up)and my legs too. and I also weigh more than I ever thought i would...so those examples prove to me that age is sometimes hard to conceal.

But today I am reflecting on my blessings-which are too numerous to name them all.
First off, I am so thankful to know GOD, to know His Son Jesus Christ and have His Holy Spirit living in me. To know His love, His Grace and His Forgiveness for 40 years now. That is the biggest blessing of my life by far.
Then there is my husband. If you know Scud, you know how blessed I am to be married to him. We have had 35 years of growing together, loving each other and being patient with each other. He still makes me smile and laugh everyday. That is a huge blessing.
Then there are the children we call ours. Three that were born to me and one that God hand picked especially for me to love just like I had given birth to him.
Kristi, Todd, Katie and Ryan have given me such joy and have caused growth in my life.
And then there's Adam and Nate-two godly men who chose my daughters to partner their lives with. I couldn't have picked out 2 better son in laws if I had tried.
And then there's those two little grandsons who call me Grammy. I love these little guys so so much.



Another incredible blessing has been my friends. I have been blessed beyond measure by a group of women who have prayed for me, encouraged me, laughed with me, cried with me and supported me thru many many years. THANK YOU LADIES!! I can't imagine my life without you.

And then there's the countless friends, adopted sons and daughters, who have graced our home. The privilege of loving these kids, serving them, encouraging them in their faith, has blessed me more than they could ever imagine. I am more blessed because of these friends and I love them dearly.
AND NOW??
GOD has blessed me again by allowing me to serve Him with college kids at Chico State. Really?? me?? I am 59 years old. What would college kids want to do with me?? I still don't have the answer to that one. But I have gals and guys who I love being with. I love their love of life, their desire to be who GOD wants them to be and who allow me to enter into their lives. What a privilege.
So altho my body might say you aren't as young as you once were. GOD is telling me that He can still use me for His purposes. That you are never too old to not be involved in ministry. That in actuality, the older you become, the more time you have to be used for His Glory. And isn't that what its all about?

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you.

That's His promise to us...whatever our age!!
THANK YOU GOD FOR THE GIFT OF LIFE!! AND LIFE WITH YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment